Saturday, August 29, 2009

Saturday activities


Jordan discovered he could jump clear off the ground with both wheels on his scooter.


Claudia did a lot of yard work, including mowing the lawn and pruning the trees at our driveway entrance.


We all enjoyed popcorn popped over a campfire on our deck to end the evening, and Jordan had to be carried half asleep up to bed before 9pm.

I didn't get any photos of myself -- I guess I was always on the wrong side of the camera. I was a bit under the weather today so I didn't do any big activities, but enjoyed reading on the couch -- Here on Earth by Alice Hoffman to myself, and The Neverending Story by Michael Ende to Jordan -- keeping Jessie happy while Claudia was out, and getting the fire going in the evening. It was a nice, slow Saturday, just the way I like it. How was yours?
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At August 29, 2009 at 11:04 PM , Anonymous Phyllis said...

When does school start for Jordan? And why didn't Jessie end up on the other side of the camera???

Sounds like a wonderful, quiet Saturday! I went out for coffee with my friend Cheryl who's turning 40 tomorrow, on our way to pick up Andre and her daughter Lauren at camp. The afternoon was spent hearing about Andre's week at camp and keeping Tony & Nicole from killing each other. This evening I went with my mother-in-law to Cheryl's surprise birthday party that her husband organized. Lots of fun!

 
At August 30, 2009 at 6:38 PM , Blogger martha said...

I'm with Phyllis about that Jessie photo that was missing! Your Saturday sounded wonderfully relaxed--especially the part about lying on the sofa reading :-) I do want to get an outdoor fire pit like you have, for our deck. Have to look around for one before the seasonal stuff is all packed away again.

Our Saturday was dark and rainy. Nikki and Tony were over here for the morning--Nikki and I baked a carrot cake while Dad and Tony worked on building an electric motor. Then T, Dad and I played a long game of Ticket to Ride Europe(what else?) while the cake was in the oven. Afterwards the four of us had lunch at the Kemptville Family Restaurant. the rest of the day was slower paced--emails, beginning to set up a long-overdue gazebo, reading, etc.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home