Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day

In my Father's Day card from Jordan today, he listed washing cars as one of his favorite things to do with me, so we made good use of that and washed and waxed three of our current collection of vehicles, and got nice and wet in the process. :-) Even Jessie joined in the fun. Spending an afternoon washing cars and cleaning up the garage currently rates at the top of my preferred activities for a relaxed weekend too, so it's nice as a Dad to have an activity I can share with my son. After washing cars, we went to the Cockerill's Creek for a highschool graduation party, and got to get wet again (see previous post), as well as eat great food, play volleyball and kickball, and sit back and chat with old friends (no photos of those activities because for once we just enjoyed the moment instead of pulling out a camera).

In case it's not obvious, Jordan wants to make sure you notice the water apparently erupting from the top of his head.


Introducing my latest commute vehicle, a Toyota Prius hybrid. It's replacing our trusty Nissan Altima which I've finally retired after 220,000 miles.

Happy Father's Day to all the rest of you fathers out there! Hope yours was as nice as mine.
Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At June 21, 2010 at 1:52 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh, you beat me to the hybrid! What are your impressions so far? -NH

 
At June 22, 2010 at 1:00 AM , Anonymous Dad said...

Now, if I got a car like that, it would be a fine Father's Day indeed!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home