Friday, June 10, 2011

Back from a week in Phoenix

I just got back from a week in the beautiful city of Phoenix.  I enjoy that city more and more each time I visit it -- hot, dry, sand-colored, but clean and orderly, modern, vibrant, and no traffic (at least when compared to DC, the 2nd worst city in the US for traffic)!  We have three impressive campuses there (two pictured below) and an expert engineering and integration team.  I manage a Test Engineering group there that in many ways is a model of efficiency (thanks to previous processes developed before we acquired this division), and one purpose of my trip was to find opportunities to integrate processes from there with our own here in Virginia.  Simply acquiring another company doesn't provide much competitive advantage in business if you just use it to add business -- instead, we can gain much more by finding efficiencies using both divisions that have more of a multiplication effect than an additive one.  A week isn't enough to accomplish all that but relationships were made and processes analyzed and actions assigned that I think will start yielding results very quickly.



All opinions expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of Orbital.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home