Saturday, November 15, 2008

Chili Queen!

Claudia is Purcellville's new Chili Queen! Our local Giant grocery store had a Chili Cook-off competition today that she and I both entered. I had to practically beg her on my knees to enter, and finally she relented but only on condition that she could make a real simple chili. I slaved over my chili for hours, searching the internet for the best chili recipes and buying fresh chili peppers and other exotic ingredients. Claudia mixed a few canned ingredients into a crock pot. I didn't even get runner-up. Claudia won the $100 first place prize. Life's not always fair, but it's great to have a Chili Queen as a wife!
Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At November 18, 2008 at 9:10 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! That sounds wonderful! I hope we get to sample some when we're there...

 
At November 18, 2008 at 9:12 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, and how about posting the recipe?

 
At November 18, 2008 at 9:46 PM , Blogger ben said...

That's the funniest part, actually -- the winning recipe was 1 can of Bush's Chili Magic Chili Starter, 1 can of diced tomatoes, 1 pound of ground beef. It's the recipe on the can of Magic Chili Starter. Nice and easy. Even more ironic, the chili cook-off was intended to promote a different brand of chili the store is offering (I forget which brand, but it wasn't Bush's).

 
At November 19, 2008 at 3:42 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to sample both chilis when we're down there--and be my own judge as to the prize winner, OK? :-) And, Oh yes, congratulations Claudia!!! Mom

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home