Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Meet my alter ego

I just connected with myself in a new way... meet Ben Hekman, Calvin Grad, Electrical Engineer...


I've known about this "other Ben"'s existence for some time. He shows up in Google searches I do on myself, shows up in Calvin College news during years in which I wasn't there, Hilton Hhonors reservations asks me if my address is in Grand Rapids, and a few times shortly after the other Ben graduated from Calvin I got emails from friends looking for him. I finally looked him up on LinkedIn and just for the novelty of it sent him an invitation (against LinkedIn policy since you're actually supposed to know everyone you invite). Now Ben Hekman is officially connected to Ben Hekman.

Of course, being a twin I'm already used to the fact that there's another of me out there...

4 Comments:

At April 19, 2011 at 2:55 PM , Anonymous Phyllis said...

That's incredible! You'll have to meet him someday!

 
At April 19, 2011 at 6:27 PM , Anonymous martha said...

What a funny feeling that must be, twin or not! To think there was another Martha Reichel would be weird. Actually there is--in Poland, I think--and it's Marta Reichel :-) I found her on Face Book. She didn't reply to my English letter--probably still trying to find someone to interpret it!

 
At April 19, 2011 at 9:56 PM , Anonymous Dad/Opa said...

Well, not surprising with all the Hekmans around. Do you know his middle name?

 
At April 19, 2011 at 10:15 PM , Blogger ben said...

No, I don't, and despite the irony of it I'm not on a first name basis with him yet so I'm not sure I can ask for a middle name :-).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home